Job by Medicins Sans Frontiers - Holland (Job Id: 285312 | 104 Views)
Category: Logistics, Transport and Supply Chain Location: Midregenet/former Abdurafi, Amhara Career Level: Mid Level ( 2+ - 5 years experience) Employment Type: Full time Salary: 30,614 plus 5,500 hardship allownace
Médecins Sans Frontières MSF-Holland
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
· Position Title: LOGISTICS MANAGER
· No. of Positions: One
· Place of Work: Abdurafi / Midre Genet Project, Amhara Region
· Reports To (direct and functional supervision): Project Coordinator
· Terms of Employment: 6 months with possibility of extension
· Remuneration and Benefits:
- Starting Gross Salary: 30,614.00 ETB
- Medical Cover: As per the organisation’s policy
- Hardship Allowance: 25% of salary with maximum amount of Birr 5,000
Vacancy Posted from 30 January 2021 to 08 February 2021 ( 8 Working Days)
Médecins Sans Frontières (also known as Doctors without Borders or MSF) is a private, non-profit, international humanitarian medical organisation that intervenes in emergencies and crisis situations to relieve human suffering resulting from unmet medical needs. MSF observes strict neutrality with respect to politics and provides its assistance without discriminating on the basis of race, religion, ideology, or political affiliation. MSF’s members are required to respect humanitarian principles and principles of medical ethics at all times.
MSF-Holland in Ethiopia currently operates in three projects (Abdurafi / Midre Genet project in Amhara Region, Wardher Project in Somali Region and Kule Project in Gambella region) with a diversified workforce.
Main Purpose / Job Summary: Planning, coordinating and monitoring all logistics related activities in the project or capital and providing support to medical assistance activities, according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the project
General Position Accountabilities:
· Assisting the Project Coordinator or Logistics Coordinator in the definition and follow-up of logistics activities in the project or capital, in conjunction with other medical project managers in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the targeted population
· Ensuring and monitoring the implementation of logistics/technical activities in the project / capital including the following:
• Logistics: (construction, transport of goods and staff, communications, water and sanitation, vehicles and engines, equipment/installation and infrastructures, communications, installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities for international staff in adequate living conditions)
• WHS: implementation of water, health and sanitation activities
• Supply: implementation and maintenance of an appropriate supply chain for the project
· Implementing all administrative related activities linked to logistics (orders, insurances, vehicle contracts, etc.).
· Participating in the planning and implementation, together with the Logistics Coordinator, the Project Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the logistics staff in the project / capital in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities.
· Ensuring technical reference for all logistics/technical issues in the project and providing coaching to logistics staff under his/her responsibility. Ensuring all staff in the Project is properly briefed about use of communication tools (handsets, HF/VHF, etc.).
· Defining and monitoring technical aspects of the project risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the project security policy and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, performing day-to day monitoring of the application of security rules and reporting to the Project Coordinator any problem that may arise. For this purpose, the Project Logistics Manager will have to create an appropriate environment to facilitate security exchange of information.
· Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines
• Context-Specific Accountabilities
Ensure the following Technical related activities under his/her supervision results in optimal service for the project:
· Ensure that vehicle, energy, security, maintenance and communication policies and procedures are well documented, regularly updated, understood and adhered to by CO & project mechanics, drivers, passengers and management staff. This may involve drafting additional policies and procedures where there are gaps, and/or provide additional trainings where needed.
· Responsible for timely completion of reporting tools.
· Maintains updated total inventory overview of vehicles, generators and radio communication equipment and other technical assets of the mission, assuring proper documentation as per Log admin Kit.
· Monitors logbooks and vehicles charge sheet of drivers on a weekly basis; compiles and submits monthly report of maintenance cost summary, fuel usage, personal mileage and KM analysis and submits with recommendations to direct supervisor and Coordination functional line.
· Supervise (and assist in) the installation, maintenance and repair requirements of equipment and installations (ICT, generators, AC, cold chain, chargers/invertors, batteries, cabling, lightening..) efficiently and effectively at times liaising with coordination functional lines.
· Make sure that MSF houses, compounds, warehouses, offices and all premises are in good condition and well maintained.
· In charge of safety for all compounds, warehouses (electrical, fire, …)
· Staff supervision.
Ensure the following Supply related activities under his/her supervision results in an optimal service for the project:
Purchasing and order management:
Coordinate, monitor and follow-up all national and international purchases and orders in the field. This function involves:
· Validate the use of the supply related third parties (suppliers, transport companies ….) proposed by the supply officers or purchaser, together with the technical referents when needed.
· Lead tenders and bidding contest according MSF procedures.
· Validates contracts concluded with local suppliers together in collaboration with the finance department and supervisor.
· Ensuring that purchasing procedures comply with the requirements established by MSF and local law.
· Centralizes project orders, approving national and regional purchases up to a pre-defined threshold.
· Coordinates after approval order processing, reception and dispatch, informing the departments on the progress.
· Identify the best possible transport of goods in terms of quality, price, service and time for each type of goods and destination as well as organizing the logistics of goods transport in the project ensuring compliance with the deadlines
· Centralizes monthly stock report, analyses them and takes the necessary actions. Closely monitor the stock level (medical and non-medical) related to monthly consumption figure, expiry dates, excess drugs and possible shortages in the project.
· Coordinate, in close relation with the Medical referent in the project and the logistics coordinator, the supply chain processes and systems (order processing, order and stock management, cold chain, procurement systems), keeping accurate and updated information on stocks (expiry dates, security level, pipeline and lead times) in order to ensure availability of all the medical and non medical material and related services under optimal conditions.
· Ensures the correct implementation of the supply software and organizes training according to the needs. Ensures the quality and completeness of the Lx7 database.
· Guarantees the standardization of warehouse management of both medical and non-medical
· In consultation with the immediate supervisor and in cooperation with Storekeeper organize 4 monthly (preferably, a week before 4M, 8M & 12 M) physical stock counts in the project.
· Ensure inventory and follow-up of the project’s fixed assets.
· Manage, coach, and supervise the logistics team, including capacity building of supervisors.
· Under supervision of the Project Coordinator, implement the National Staff safety and security system
· Participate and give inputs in the preparation and revision of LSSP in the project.
· Support the Project Coordinator in identification and analysis of risk factors for security in the project area
Scan the situation, identify risks, and recommend mitigation together with security responsible.
Technical diploma/TVET level 4 with Competency Certification (COC)/university degree, preferably as an engineer
Essential at least two years of working experience in logistics related activities.
Essential at least one year of working experience managing teams
Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGOs, and working experience in developing countries
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Good computer skills: MS Word and Excel
• People Management and Development L2
• Commitment to MSF Principles L2
• Behavioural Flexibility L3
• Results and Quality Orientation L3
• Teamwork and Cooperation L3
How to Apply
Instructions for Applicants
Interested applicants should submit their nonreturnable and up-to-date CV and cover letter including clear photocopies of all supporting documents via any one of the below-mentioned locations.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates with the required experience and qualifications as well as clear and validated documentation will be called upon to attend further assessment.
Sincerity of Declarations and Documents Submitted to MSF
Use of false documents to gain employment with MSF will lead to automatic cancellation from the recruitment process and if found after employment will lead to immediate termination.
Locations to Submit Applications only through blow link
· Apply via Ethiojobs (http://www.ethiojobs.net/)
· Send an email to Abdurafi@oca.msf.org
Jan 31, 2021